• Search for the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost.
• Secure (3-5) manufacturers for each product at varying costs and qualities
• Survey competitors prices and products on a quarterly basis
• Produce quick and accurate quotations to clients’ inquiries,
• Manage the purchasing and inventory activities of the company
• Estimate price and product availability, inventory usage, control & develop policies & procedures.
• Direct & coordinate the procurement goods, supplies & services essential to the supplies operations.
• Support sales team in getting new clients & generate business.
• Contribute in identifying trading & sales strategy for supplies products. Purchasing Responsibilities
• Forecast procurement needs
• Build and develop relationships with key manufacturers/suppliers and customers in the hospitality industry
• Secure (3-5) manufacturers for each product at varying costs and qualities.
• Obtain best import and agency terms with our manufacturers/suppliers
• Obtain best credit facilities, terms of payments and profit margins with our manufacturers/suppliers.
• Obtain best credit facilities and terms of payments with our banks.
• Closely wash and monitor our competitors’ prices and product list.
• Performs a market survey on our competitors’ prices, discount rates and products every quarter.
• Review quotations; negotiate prices, delivery terms with our manufacturers and suppliers.
• Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
• Maintain procurement files in orderly fashion and updated by the day.
• Training purchasing Clerks.
• Providing prices lists and product knowledge materials to Sales team.
• Supervise inventory taking of goods.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable delivered goods with clients, manufacturers and transporters to determine cause of problem while taking corrective and preventative action immediately.
• Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships with suppliers.
• Initiate and design department policies & procedures in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
• Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
• Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of hotel supplies products.
• Structuring product contracts.
• Studying sales records and inventory levels. Skills Evaluation Criteria
• Successful track record of delivering results in the areas of cost reduction, service levels, and quality and inventory levels.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity and customer focus. Qualification Required & Experience
Required Educational Level
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business (logistics, accounting, finance) Professional Knowledge:
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of municipal budgeting and accounting principles and practices and required maintenance of records and files.
• Knowledge of computerized purchasing and inventory systems. Special Knowledge:
– Excellent command of English language and Excellent Knowledge in MS Office Tools (Word and Excel). Skills & Abilities:
• Strong Follow-up abilities
• Excellent Communication skills
• Planning, organizing
• Strong Follow-up abilities Personal Characteristics:
• Hard working, Dedication & career oriented
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Persistence and Challenging
• Willingness to work in mixed work environment
• General appearance should be presentable Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should send a copy of their CV to:- [email protected]
Or For inquiries, call:- 0207-598443 / 0241-052338 / 0322-125040 Closing Date:
15 December, 2015