National Road Safety Commission (NRSC)
Purchasing / Procurement
Job Vacancy For Procurement Officer At National Road Safety Commission (NRSC)
National Road Safety Commission (NRSC) is the lead statutory public agency for road safety management in Ghana. Its mandate is to plan, promote and coordinate road safety activities and programmes in the country.
The successful candidate would assist Management to undertake the Commission's procurement planning and ensure that standard goods, and services required by all the directorates of the Commission are efficiently and effectively procured.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement procurement plan (Preparation of tender, placement of adverts, etc.)
• Provide inputs for the formulation of procurement policies and plans of the Commission.
• Compile procurement requests from user departments for action.
• Conduct market survey.
• Draft contract notices to successful tenderers
• Supervise the management of data base on service providers and tenders
• Supervise stores management and assets disposal.
• Prepare draft annual and other periodic reports for the Unit
• Provide inputs of the Units for the preparation of the annual budget of the Commission
• Develop operational work plans of the Unit
• Assist in answering queries raised by appropriate authority on procurement activities.
• Appraise the performance of subordinate staff
• Arrange to visit premises of vendors.
• Be assigned any other job that may be available.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Masters Degree in Procurement Purchasing and Supply, Supply Chain Management or other related programmes from an accredited tertiary institution.
• A minimum of one (1) year post Bachelor degree relevant work experience in a reputable organization.
The candidate must also have
• Knowledge of the Public Procurement Act 2003, FAA & 1AA and other related legal frameworks.
• Knowledge in contract management.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• ICT skills
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• High personal and professional integrity and ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with the requisite qualifications and relevant working experience, and are passionate about saving lives on our roads should submit their applications together with copies of relevant documents to:
The Executive Director
National Road Safety Commission
P.O. Box 01683
Closing Date: 14 October, 2014