This office has become available under the implementation of a grant received from the Africa Development Bank/ Africa Water Facility. It is intended that that office shall enhance and ensure the integrity of all procurement activities under the project and in accordance with the guidelines of the AfDB/AWF. Major Function
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the procurement of services, works and goods, while complying with all relevant and ethical policies. He/she shall provide assistance with the procurement needs for services, works and goods required under the project. These may include but not limited to preparation of Quotations, Tenders and Proposals in accordance with the Procurement Policy of the African Development Bank and relevant legislation in Ghana. Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze the procurement requirement from the implementation plan of the Project Appraisal Repot (PAR) and determine the appropriate method of procurement. Provide assistance to the project team, when necessary, in the preparation of specifications, etc.
• Collaborate with technical experts in preparing specifications for proposals, quotations, tenders, supply agreements etc. for the purpose of procuring Services, Works and Goods.
• Coordinate the preparation of procurement documents, utilizing sound sustainable procurement practices, while adhering to the Banks policies and government legislation prior to issuing such documents.
• Schedule, organize and facilitate Pre-Bid meetings related to Proposals, Quotations and Tenders.
• Issue Addendums to Quotations, Tenders and Proposals, whenever necessary.
• Attend and participate in public openings of Tenders, Proposals and Quotations, upon authorization.
• In compliance with the procurement guidelines of the AfDB, ensure an in-depth analysis of all proposals, quotations, or bids received in response to each, Proposal and Quotation request or Tender invitation. This must be done to identify the response that best meets the project need and is consistent with the terms and conditions of all other relevant policies. Prepare recommendation for award. Provide supplier debriefing sessions, when necessary, with unsuccessful respondents.
• Use fair judgment, diplomacy and confidentiality with respect to the complete procurement process, ensuring integrity of the respondents bid information.
• Coordinate, prepare contracts, administer contract and support implementation of project after contract award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with other professionals and consultants to ensure services provided by consultant are of acceptable limits, works are executed to the required specification of scope and quality and supplies meet the requirements for specification quality, quantity and delivery among others.
• Participate in preparation of the various reports stated in the PAR and those that may be required by the project team from time to time.
• Participate in other specialized projects and assignments related to procurement, as may be required.
• Assist in the physical inventory process, as may be required.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time. Reporting Relationships:
Reports to: Business Development Manager or any other Supervisor that may be assigned by him. Qualification Required & Experience Education
Applicants must hold a minimum qualification of HND in Procurement or a University Degree in Building Technology, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar discipline with procurement component. Experience
Minimum of two (2) years post-qualification experience in procurement capacity, i.e. processing Proposals Quotations, Tenders, Purchase Orders, etc. Experience with AfDB/ AWF projects would be an asset. Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A high level of individual initiative, planning and good judgement.
• Demonstrated ability to make judgement calls and decisions with respect to procurement activities, within delegated authority.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
• A forward-thinking professional, recognizing the value of diversity in the operation of Procurement.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Concentration, accuracy and attention to details.
• Good knowledge of the various methods of procurement, Ghana’s procurement legislations and procurement guidelines of the AfDB/AWF.
• Personal integrity and excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should send electronic applications and CVs to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
22 January, 2014