CO/05/13 Job Summary:
The High Commission of canada in Accra, Ghana seeks experienced Programme Assistants for short and long-term employment opportunities (Emergency, Term or Indeterminate Employment), to be employed on an as-needed basis. candidates must be available to work on short notice.
LE-OS Programme Assistants: Working under the general supervision of a Program Manager, successful candidates would coordinate administrative
and secretarial services and provide a variety of administrative and program support functions with an increasing level of complexity.
Positions may be available in any of the following areas: Immigration, Trade, Development, Real Property, Events Planning, Special Projects or General Administrative Support. Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree or diploma from a recognised university or post-secondary institution. Applicants with an acceptable combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
• Fluency in English (read, write and speak)
• Competency in French is considered an asset (not mandatory) Experience: LE-OS:
3 years of experience working in a position as a manager’s assistant, office manager or program officer in a medium to large size organisation
Experience dealing with the public both in person and through correspondence is considered an asset (not mandatory) SCREENING & EVALUATION:
only candidates that meet the essential experience and education criteria above will be invited for further assessment. Candidates will be evaluated to determine if they meet the following rated knowledge and abilities/skills criteria using a combination
of the following means – written test, oral communication, role play, interviews and reference checks. Rated Qualifications Knowledge:
• Knowledge of general office procedures and practices (including text
• preparation and formatting, handling correspondence, letters, e-rnails and filing)
• Knowledge of software packages: Windows, Microsoft Outlook,
• Microsoft word and Excel Abilities/Skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to analyse and interpret information quickly and efficiently
• Excellent and proven attention to detail
• High degree of initiative and’ ability to work with minimum supervision Operational Working Requirements
• May be required to work directly with public
• May be required to work overtime during peak project delivery periods Salary Range:
LE-05: Starting GHS 15,161 per year with annual increases Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Provide your application to: The Personnel Officer High Commission of Canada 42 Independence Avenue P. O. Box 1639 Accra
Or email to: [email protected]
Please indicate on your application which position you are applying for; LE-05 Competition # CO/05/13 Closing Date:
08 November, 2013 Notes:
• Anyone wishing to compete for this position should send their CV and a covering letter stating their interest in the position and demonstrating how they are qualified, with reference to their previous work experience. The cover letter must clearly show how the candidate meets the screening requirements
• Only the applicants short-listedwill be contacted by the HR section.
• Candidates short-listed for an interview must bring with them the original qualification and experience certificates and a copy of a piece of personal identification with a photograph.
• The results of this competition will be used to establish an eligibility list of staff to be considered for similar openings at the same responsibility and salary level at the high Commission of Canada in Ghana, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition The HR section will contact only those applicants who submit a complete application showing how they fully meet the screening requirements, received as instructed before the cut-off date and time.
We thank all other applicants for their interest