Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office, Tamale, and the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) Tamale, the Programme Associate will be expected to perform the following duties: JOB PURPOSE:
• Support implementation, monitoring and reporting on all sustainable food systems activities in the 5 regions of the North (Upper East, Upper West, Savanna, North East and Northern regions) with a focus on efficient production systems, post-harvest loss management, access to affordable financial services and innovative market linkages and support to community and medium scale food processors MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support in coordinating all efforts and activities to guide the implementation of WFP's Smallholder Agriculture and Market Support (SAMS) programme in the 5 regions of the North (Northern, Upper East, Upper West, Savannah and North East).
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within food systems area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
• Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
• Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Support with the organization of field missions, workshop and capacity strengthening for WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government; and other events related to food systems.
• Assist in Liaising with the regional departments of agriculture through the designated regional focal points for implementation, monitoring, and reporting; follow-up on monthly activity/project progress reports, review, consolidate and share with the Programme Policy Officer -Food Systems.
• Support capacity strengthening of Small Holder Farmers (SHF), Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), aggregators, and other rural actors to participate in structured markets; and promote market linkages through e-commerce platforms and other end buyers.
• Assist in ensuring active participation of smallholder farmers including women and youths in organized value chains and structured markets to facilitate job creation for the youths.
• Assist in facilitating and promoting youth innovations that create efficiency in marketing for smallholder farmers e.g. e-commerce innovations, digital payments, transport, packaging, storage, and other logistical innovations.
• Assist in preparation of routine reports, Annual Performance Plan (APP), Annual Country Report (ACR), COMET, and other corporate requirements.
• Perform any other duties as may be provided by Supervisors from time to time. Qualification Required & Experience Minimum Academic Qualifications
• First degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Agribusiness, E-Commerce, Nutrition, or other related fields. A master’s degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage
• A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in supporting programme implementation and management. Language:
Fluency in English language is essential. Knowledge of local languages spoken in northern Ghana will be an advantage. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
08 April, 2022