• The Global Compact Network Ghana (GCN Ghana) is looking for a highly-motivated professional to lead overall coordination of programmes and activities for the Organization. GCN Ghana is a multistake holder platform for companies to learn about and advance corporate responsibility and ethical business standards in Ghana on behalf of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. Working through 70+ Global Compact Networks around the globe, the UN Global Compact is mobilizing the business community to commit to essential principles of responsible business that will help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). GCN Ghana promotes the UN Global Compact 10 Principles and the 2030 Agenda throughout Ghana through trainings, workshops and seminars and enables participants to share and exchange good business practices and experiences.
• The Coordinator would support Global Compact participants in Ghana on reporting requirements, organizing events and workshops, engaging stakeholders, recruitment and fundraising activities. The Coordinator will report to the Steering Committee of the Global Compact Network Ghana. Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the Global Compact participants activities in submitting their annual Communication on Progress (COP), navigating the UN Global Compact website and resources
• Provide planning on project scope, timeframes, financials, and outcomes and communication and coordinating activities
• Manage the outgoing correspondences and messages to Global Compact participants in Ghana on behalf of the Network
• Facilitate Steering Committee meetings and provide logistic support
• Support fundraising activities
• Schedule all activities, events and workshops associated with the Network and ensuring the arrangements of logistics
• Communicate timeline changes and new information to various groups; track project changes and adjust schedules as needed
• Manage membership invoicing and fee collection
• Manage the GCN Ghana website and social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
• Maintain accurate file systems and databases
• Provide regular reporting of programmatic outcomes to the UNGC office in New York
• Other duties as assigned Skills and Competencies
Ability to thrive in an independent and entrepreneurial environment; ability to demonstrate flexibility in the face of change and competing priorities.
Strong time-management and workflow management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively to a wide range of audiences in a professional manner.
• Client Service:
Must be mature, thoughtful and articulate, and have the confidence to interact one-on-one with management teams internally and externally when necessary.
• Broad Understanding of Corporate Sustainability Concepts:
Awareness of fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall CSR/CR landscape in Ghana.
• Computer/Technical Skills:
Advanced proficiency of MS Office Suite, basic website management skills and social media. Ability to pick up new technology quickly and intuitively. Qualification Required & Experience Educational, Skills and Experience Requirements
• A Bachelor degree, and Master Degree will be an advantage.
• At least three (3) years of working experience related to business, management, data analysis, event coordination, governance projects, Non-government organization etc.
• Experience using or establishing digital platforms (e.g. websites, social media accounts)
• Strong command of oral and written English
• Previous work experience on CSR/CR is desirable
• High levels of integrity and ethics
Females are encouraged to apply. Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter and CV documents in a single document in PDF only with three (3) professional referees to: [email protected]
with the subject heading “Coordinator GCN Ghana” addressed to the Executive Secretary of Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition.
e.g. Jones Asmah- Programme Coordinator GCN Ghana Closing Date:
07 December, 2018
Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted.