VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place. Role Overview:
• VSO Ghana is an implementing Partner (IP) of the Cocoa Life Programme in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
• The Cocoa Life Programme is been expanded to 116 communities in 3 districts namely Atwima Mponua District, Asunafo South District and Ahafo Ano North District in the Ashanti and Brong Ahafo Regions.
• The programme aims at improving the productivity of cocoa farms and farmers’ incomes from cocoa production, diversification of cocoa farmers’ incomes into livelihoods activities complementary to cocoa farming and improving cocoa communities’ access to quality social services, and institutional strengthening/engagement. Gender, sustainable environmental management and child labour are cross-cutting themes being addressed as well.
• Thus, VSO Ghana is seeking to recruit a Project Officer (1) to join its team.
• The Project Officer is responsible for facilitating the development and operations of the activities of the Cocoa Life Programme in the programme operational area towards the realization of Mondel?z International and Voluntary Service Overseas Ghana strategic objectives.
• The position reports to the Programme Manager and is located in one of the districts mentioned above. Qualification Required & Experience Skills, qualifications and experience required
• The successful candidate will be dynamic, proactive and strategic, with proven experience in community development work, project management and effective team player, possessing excellent interpersonal and communications skills, strategic thinking, leadership, representation, networking and partnership-building capacities. Must be able to speak the native language of at least on of the operational areas mentioned above Location:
Tepa, Ashanti Region How To Apply For The Job
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for.
To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
05 January, 2016