We are local Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are committed to the development of deprived Adolescent girls to join our team for the positions below in a project aimed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of highly marginalized out-of-school girls and transition them into formal school or employment in two districts of Northern Region.
Full Time Position
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of the project in accordance with the agreements with partners including the project documents.
• Coordinate and ensure implementation of all field activities and report to the Executive Director
• Build, manage and expand a portfolio of strategic partnerships
• Supervise the establishment of appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems
• Lead in developing project work plans and progress reports
• Conduct capacity assessments and facilitate capacity building for project district partners.
• Support organise and facilitate seminars and workshops to build the capacity of stakeholders
• Advocate with District Assemblies and Education Authorities for support for Adolescent girls education and training
• Support to conduct Project stakeholder conferences in the project districts
• Participate in educational and campaigning and forge links with similar programmes and networks
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum qualification of a Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Educational studies etc)
• 5 years’ of relevant experience in policy analysis and on rights based programming
• Experience in informal education policy development at local, regional and national levels
• Significant experience of working with networks, consortia and platforms
• Experience of working on different types of education systems (formal education, non-formal education, etc.
• Experience of managing projects
Abilities and Interpersonal Skills:
• Demonstrated experience building partnerships and networks between government and civil society.
• Flexible leadership and management styles
• Knowledge of networking and building platforms
• Team and process facilitation techniques
• Effective lobbying techniques and processes
• Institutional and organisational development change processes
• Experience in work in a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (three pages) and a cover letter. The application should include two referees.Applications with the Position applied for reference in the subject addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to:
30 November, 2018
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.