World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
For over three decades, World Vision has been working with rural communities in all 10 Administrative Regions of Ghana to provide portable water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices, quality education, particularly at the basic level, enhance food security and respond to disasters. Description
• Job Grade: HAY 15
• Job Locations: Tamale Purpose of the Position
The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining operations at the Regional Operating Center. He/She will be over-all accountable for all activities and projects as well as manage day-to-day operations and employees associated with the Center.
This includes oversight of an in-house vocational and technical school for formation of well drillers. Applicant should be capable of training in manual well drilling, basic hydrology and geology, borehole logging and maintenance, as well as business and money management skills. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and supervise a clear and concise training Curriculum, timeframe for trainers and trainees on tools manufacturing and manual borehole drilling;
• Promote job creation through the training of identified trainees in the operation area by World Vision Teams.
• Monitor and management of Financial and material resources (Bank account, transfer of money, security, budgets, supplies and capital items equipment and materials) in compliance with WV policies.
• Develop, hold, update and maintain a day-today inventory data on tools and materials in store, in the workshop, the Regional Operating Centre (ROC) offices and in the operation field
• Develop and implement a comprehensive procurement plan for raw materials as per World Vision store and procurement policies.
• Oversee management of partner (community, government, inter-government, NGO, WASH partners) relations by facilitating good communication, coordinating and synergy in common goals
• Lead the planning, the fabrication of manual drilling tools, Access pumps and all related accessories according to the field and partners need;
• Assess the need, plan, procure, manufacture and distribute all needed drilling materials to the manual drilling teams in their respective operation areas;
• Develop, plan and implement manual drilling operations in WASH Prioritized ADPs and project zone in relation with Ghana Integrated WASH Project Manager, Area Development Program Managers and OBTLs.
• Produce a monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports on ROC activities to Access Development US
• Frequent visit to the tools and equipment production workshops and drilling activities in the field. Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Bachelor degree in Mechanics, electro-mechanics, hydrogeology, hydrology, engineering, or similar field.
• Not less than 5 years post qualification experience in the process of well drilling including basic knowledge of hydrology and geology.
• Fluency in English required.
• A mechanical aptitude is necessary as well as an understanding of metalworking.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office is required for reporting and bookkeeping.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office is required for reporting and bookkeeping. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to [email protected] Closing Date:
31 January, 2014
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer.
• We believe in diversity and promote opportunities for all individuals.
• Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.