National Peace Council
Media / Journalism
Job Vacancy For Public Relations Manager At National Peace Council
To provide operational support for the effective management of information and communication matters of the Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitates the implementation of corporate social responsibility programmes and events of the Council
• Undertakes protocol activities
• Facilitates the implementation of public education in line with the communication strategy.
• Maintains an active database on stakeholders of the Council
• Liaises with media houses and other identifiable stakeholders on public relation activities
• Facilitates the organisation of press briefings.
• Facilitates the design and production of the Council's newsletter, leaflets and website
• Provides input for the development of social media strategies, content management, branding and responses on soda! media
• Collates input for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports.
• Collates of inputs for the preparation of the annual budget.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Communication Studies. Public Relations or relevant field or equivalent professional qualification from an accredited tertiary institution
• Membership of the Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
• Must have completed one (1) year National Service
• Knowledge in Media Laws.
• Computer proficiency.
• Knowledge in Protocol procedures and processes.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate data.
• Research and analytical skills.
• Leadership and interpersonal relations
• Good oral and written communication Skills.
• Ability to maintain good working relations with the media
• Report, speech writing and presentation skills.
• Team player.
• Integrity and Ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Applications (in sealed envelopes marked, in the top left corner with the corresponding number of the position being applied for) with a Curriculum Vitae including names and addresses of three (3) referees, should reach the address below:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
Closing Date: 19 November, 2014