Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
Job Vacancy For Record Management Specialist At Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
The Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP) is a cash transfer programme started by the Government of Ghana (GOG) in 2008. It is targeted at the extremely poor, vulnerable and orphaned children, and the elderly. The objective of the programme is to reduce poverty by increasing consumption and promoting access to universal social services.
The Department of Social Welfare (DSW) in the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MOGCSP), implements the LEAP programme.
The programme has over seventy two thousand (72,000) beneficiary households with an average of people per household. The number of beneficiary household is set to be increased to 200,000 by 31st December, 2015
To enhance LEAP implementation and improve upon programme delivery at the national, regional and district levels, the World Bank, through the Ghana Social Opportunities Programme (GSOP) is strengthening the management and administration of the programme.
The Record Management Specialist will provide technical support for the development and implementation of a comprehensive records management program at LEAR Will be responsible to provide database logging, scanning and electronic filing of all LEAP beneficiaries' records, documents and drawings. He/ she will maintain control of all hard copies permanent records, such as payment list, reconciliation list, etc. He/She will perform quality assurance audits on all LEAP records, drawings and documents.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class:
• Plans, organizes and implements LEAP document management programs, methods, practices and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and sound professional guidelines of practice;
• Establishes, maintains and updates file category and indexing structures for all LEAP beneficiaries hard copy documents;
• Develops and revises cross-reference indexes; establishes and maintains document and records management databases and indexes to track and retrieve records;
• Determines and applies appropriate legal retention periods for document and record types, revising and ensuring adherence with destruction schedules and determining the appropriate office of record.
• Organizes, establishes and maintains a vital records program; develops and carries out standards and procedures for the archiving, preservation and retrieval of vital records and documents;
• Organizes, coordinates and monitors offsite document archiving, including transfer of records and documents to offsite storage, filing and retrieval and protection; conducts periodic audits of offsite document archives.
• Conducts document and records management training for LEAP staff;
• Advises on appropriate procedures for preserving, storing, retrieving, retaining and destroying records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Administers the destruction of LEAP records in accordance with established retention periods and legal requirements.
• Oversees the conversion of paper records to other storage media to ensure accurate, high quality records and efficient viewing and reproduction methods.
In the discharge of his/her duties, Record Management Specialist will report to the MIS Specialist. He/she will prepare and submit quarterly reports to MIS Specialist.
Duration of Assignment:
The contract will last for one ( 1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
The minimum qualifications required for the position are as follows:
• As a minimum, Bachelors degree in business or public administration or a closely related field;
• 5 plus years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive document and records management program; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Experience in records management in a governmental setting is highly desirable.
• With The Ability To: Develop and maintain complex record keeping systems.
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Research, develop and recommend cost-effective technical system improvements
• Maintain security, confidentiality, and integrity of LEAP records and information.
• Respond to requests and inquiries for information regarding records management
• Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems,
How To Apply For The Job
Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted. Letters of Intereste clearly marked: "MoGCSP-LEAP PERSONEL" should be received by the close of work on or before Tuesday, December 9 2014 and addressed to:
THE CHIEF DIRECTOR
MINISTRY OF GENDER, CHILDREN AND SOCIAL PROTECTION
P.O.BOX MBO 186
Attn: Mr. Mawutor Ablo (tel: 0208164216/ 0242628598} Director, MoGCSP
For further enquiries contact the MoGCSP or the National Coordinator, GSOP(tel: 0302-770246)
Closing Date: 09 December, 2012
Note: MoGCSP reserves the right not to hire for the position(s) if it determines that a candidate suitable for the position(s) was not identified. For such an event the position(s) so affected will be re-advertised