• Manage and control all matters relating to arrears collection (for customer & staff loans) by constantly executing collection & recovery procedures and ensuring appropriate actions are taken ensure full immediate recovery. Main Duties
• Effective implementation of recovery strategy.
• Highlight and escalate any credit failures to identify ways of improving the credit approval process.
• Manage clients relationship to facilitate recovery.
• Maximize recovery on bad debts to minimize impairment charges relating to client portfolio.
• Use initiative in negotiating and implementing the best recovery strategy to enhance arrears recovery
• Implement cost effective and efficient ways to improve performance within the collections / recovery department.
• Manage collection officers by implementing and ensuring challenging targets are consistently met
• Take decisions regarding negotiating effective arrears recovery whilst ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Monitor customer accounts and effectively utilise collections systems in line with approved collections strategy Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma / Degree in Business Administration or Credit Management.
• 2 years' experience in arrears collections or field recovery.
• 3 years' credit management experience in the financial services environment. Required Behavioral and Technical Competencies
• Quality focused & proactive
• Competent in internal and external computer systems and numeracy skills
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas / solutions to customers
• Logical with accurate eye for detail
• Flexible and resilient team player
• Practical working knowledge of company, industry guidelines & negotiate
• Ability to multi task & work with minimum supervision
• Intermediate - advanced Excel proficiency is a requirement. Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
If you have the above prerequisites and you are interested in the role, forward your application and CV to: [email protected]
Email title should be Recovery Officer Closing Date:
31 July, 2017