The Rector is the Executive Head of the Polytechnic and is responsible, under the Governing Council of the Polytechnic, for both the Academic and Administrative functions of the Polytechnic. He is charged with the promotion of quality higher education and the provision of academic and administrative development of the Polytechnic and for implementing the Polytechnic's Strategic Plan. The Rector is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Polytechnic and exercises general disciplinary functions over both members of staff and students in accordance with the Regulations of the Polytechnic. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar.
• Must have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education.
• Must have a proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff.
• Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills.
• Must be circumspect and above reproach.
• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situation.
• Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the Polytechnic for a common purpose.
• Must have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and other development activities of the Polytechnic from both internally and from without.
• Must have a minimum qualification of PhD in Engineering, Applied Science, Business Administration or Social Science and must have attained the minimum rank of Senior Lecturer.
• Must have at least ten (10) years relevant working experience in a senior management position such as Rector, Vice Rector, Dean or Head of Department in a tertiary education or their equivalent in the public service.
• Must be able to serve a full FOUR (4) YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60). Location:
Koforidua How To Apply For The Job
Terms of Appointment
• The Appointment, which is Mi-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another two (2) years.
• The Salary and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive. Application
• Interested candidates are requested to submit the following In an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, including Names, Telephone Numbers, Postal and E-rnail Addresses of Three (3) referees; and
• A two (2) page Vision Statement on an A4 size paper. NB:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked "APPLICATION FOR RECTOR, KOFORIDUA POLYTECHNIC' to reach the following postal and email address The Chairman Search Gommrttee for Rector C/o The Secretary to the Committee Koforidua Polytechnic Post Office Box KF 981 Koforidua, Ghana
OR [email protected] Closing Date:
16 January, 2015