"Following a number of assessments carried out in Ghana, by Development Partners, and the Government of Ghana, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (The Global Fund) has engaged JSI Logistics Services to render specific logistics support services, and complement MOH/GHS efforts to improve data visibility and performance in distribution of health commodities to health facilities." The contractor has an office in Accra and is looking for energetic, and competent persons to fill the advertised positions immediately.
Basic Role or Function
To support Regional Health Administrations (RHAs) to coordinate and implement field level logistics activities, support Regional Medical Stores (RMSs) in log istics and inventory management, support the provision of supportive supervision to lower level health facilities and training of lower level health workers/logistics staff in logistics management of health commodities and supplies.
The position (10) will be based in each of the 10 Regions;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with RHA, provide supply chain management support to RMS, and support lower level health systems strengthening initiatives.
• In collaboration with the central level authorities and regional health administration, support RMSs and health facilities in regions to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports and follow up on submitted reports so that regions receive appropriate feedback from the central level authorities.
• In collaboration with the regional health administration, and regional medical stores administration, provide general technical logistics support and prepare and implement action plans to address logistics management issues especially stock status data collection, organization and submission to identified offices. Maintain and regularly update a database of health commodity logistics data.
• Support, participate in and monitor implementation of specific program or GHS innovations to improve logistics management practices at lower levels e.g. the Early Warning System (EWS), E-LMIS for ARVs, End Use Verification (EUV), monthly stock status reporting etc
• Keep project management and GHS/MOH staff abreast with logistics situation at RMS and the health facilities in the region through provision of regular reports
• Ensure that the RHA is regularly engaged on logistics management issues, their capacity to monitor and supervise logistics activities is built and that the regional health administrations prioritize strengthening logistics management in their regional work plans and budgets.
• Work in close collaboration with the scheduled delivery program managers, and distribution service providers to ensure that health commodities are distributed according to Good Distribution Practices and that records to track the movement of the commodities are kept in an updated manner.
• Conduct supportive supervision for RMS, Districts and service delivery points of logistics operations in partnership with the RHAs, and other technical partners when available.
• Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
• Reports to the National Project Coordinator
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
• First degree in health sciences, health information systems, supply chain management or health systems management.
• Post graduate qualification in supply chain, health systems, health information or related field offers an advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience working with health programs or support systems at the national, regional or community level
• Knowledge of the Ghana health system especially the Ghana public sector supply system for health commodities
• Ability to form relationships and work closely with Central and Regional level Health authorities
• Good problem-solving, supervisory, coaching and interpersonal skills
• Excellent data analysis, presentation and report writing skills
• Excellent computer skills with spread sheet, word processing and other software, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
• Willingness to locate in a region, travel extensively throughout the assigned region and to spend extended periods of time in the field
• Capacity to manage numerous tasks, and report in a timely manner
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Regional logistics support officer (s) will work in collaboration with the management of the RMSs to support the RHA in health commodity logistics management activities and shall report to the National Project Coordinator.
How To Apply For The Job
Thank you for applying. Send your application letter and CV by email titled Logistics Support Officer to:-
20 September, 2014
Indicate salary expected. This is a full time position based in Accra. Work is expected to start on 1st Oct 2014. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.