Kumasi Technical University
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Registrar
The Governing Council of the Kumasi Technical University, invites applications from qualified and enterprising persons to fill in the following vacancy: Registrar
• Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
• The Registrar shall assist the Vice Chancellor in the administration of theUniversity and is responsible for the coordination of the University's strategic planning, policy formulation and implementation.
• The Registrar is responsible for supervision of the day-to-day operations of the offices within the Registry, including student admissions, examinations
• and records, Student Affairs, Human Resources and General Administration.
• The Registrar is the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and all Statutory Committees of the University.
• The Registrar is responsible for the custody of Kumasi Technical University seal and for affixing same to relevant documents of the Governing Council and the Academic Board.
• The Registrar is responsible for the custody of all legal documents and records of the University.
• The Registrar is responsible for publishing policy decisions of the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
Terms of Appointment
• The Registrar shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years.
• The appointment may be renewed for four (4) years only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined in accordance with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) and the Statutes of the University.
• The salary and conditions of service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous Universities in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a servant leader and be capable to plan, organize, implement and administratively manage all activities related to the Office of the Registrar.
• Must show high qualities of sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism.
• The person must be able to provide sound advice to the Vice Chancellor in all issues affecting the administrative functions of the University.
• Must have wide experience in the management of students and staff records in a manner that is consistent with the University's mission and
• accreditation standards.
• Must have excellent inter-personal and organizational skill and a commitment to outstanding student service.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with students, administrators and external agencies.
• Must be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements.
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must have served as a Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least six (6) years.
How to Apply For the Job
• Candidates are to submit an application letter attached to their curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of 3 referees
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation
• Applications may be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by registered postage to the Registry of the University. Application may also be submitted using an electronic mail system to reach the address below:
Search committee For Registrar
C/o The Office of the Ag. Registrar
Kumasi Technical University
Or email to:
Closing Date: 11 January, 2019