Established in 1983 as a voice of the poor to express their developmental needs and aspirations, CUTS International (www.cuts-international.org
) is a leading Southern voice and face of consumer empowerment through its rights-based approach and activities for influencing the process and content of inclusive growth and development. From consumer protection work in India it has expanded its scope and interventions to subjects such as trade and development, economic and business regulations including competition, and investment, good governance and human development, particularly women’s empowerment. CUTS now has offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Accra, Lusaka, Hanoi, Jaipur and Delhi. Job Summary
CUTS seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist in research efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience for current or recent masters’ students while working for an international organization. Responsibilities
• Perform studies as related to research projects
• Conduct literature searches
• Performs research work in archives, through interviews, online, and newspapers
• Gathers and analyzes data.
• Attend meetings and write reports Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate should be a Masters in Economics/Development/Business Communication/Law from an institute of good repute. Candidates with years of experience in social sector, preferably in the area of Trade, Aid and Development, Consumer affairs, Governance, legal, policy & advocacy, having leadership qualities will be preferred. Also students still in their masters programme can also apply.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner and with a strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3-6 month commitment
• Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship. However, allowances will be given to cover food and transportation.
Send a cover letter, CV/resume, an essay of 800 -1000 words on “ Should Government Continue to Subsides Fuel
” to Appiah Adomako, CUTS Accra, Centre Coordinator ([email protected]
). NB: • NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT THE ESSAY. • THREE ITEMS REQUIRED FOR THIS APPLICATION: COVER LETTER, CV/RESUME and ESSAY ON “SHOULD GOVERNMENT CONTINUE TO SUBSIDIZE FUEL”.
CUTS is an equal opportunity organisation and women candidates are encouraged to apply. CUTS, No. 30 Oroko Avenue, Kokomlemle, Accra, Ghana
E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 August, 2014