Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana.
Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 8Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,000oz gold Responsibilities
• Coordinate all safety matters within Security department and ensure personnel adopt best Safety practices.
• Organise periodic safety meetings to educate staff and maintain a safe working environment and practices in the department.
• Coordinate with the Social Development Department (SDD) to-
• Ensure overall peaceful relations and coexistence with all communities in and around the mining lease area through the use of dialogue and tactful means to resolve community related challenges.
• Support the SDD in any other tasks that needs input from the Security department.
• Support the Environment Department by observing and enforcing PMGL environment policies and procedures and any other such tasks in order to achieve our corporate values of Caring.
• Develop and establish PMGL security operating concepts in line with national security requirements and international best practices.
• Oversee Security Contractor on operational deployment to ward of potential intruders and prevent illegal mining activities.
• Maintain general law and order around the mine site with internal security resources and support of national security agencies.
• Responsible for Management of Access Control & CCTV monitoring systems.
• Prepare routine operational reports and budget estimates for senior management.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Security department in order to guarantee a secure and stable work environment through deployment, supervision, training and motivation of the team members.
• Develop, implement and monitor security policies, plans and procedures to ensure business continuity and profitability.
• Define and identify PMGL security requirements and operational security planning.
• Work in close collaboration with national security agencies to obtain maximum operational support and stable operations.
• Prepare security reports to the General Manager to facilitate understanding and decision-making.
• Advice the General Manager on all Security issues as it relates to national security arrangements.
• Perform any other related duties assigned by the General Manager. Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree or higher education courses in Security/Risk
• Management, Justice & Criminology, International Law, Military Studies etc.
• Military or Police Academy degrees/diplomas in Security Management Skills and Experience Required
• Ten (10) years hands-on-progressively responsible experience in security management with military, police, intelligence or industrial organisations
• Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
• High sense of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Team player and works collaboratively with others to achieve organisational goals.
• Certification and membership of national or international security associations/institution is an advantage. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications will only be received by email to [email protected]
with Mining Manager in the subject line of the email. Closing Date:
23 December, 2013
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.