Under the supervision of the Project Leader, the key responsibilities of the Senior Business Advisor / Deputy Project Leader include:
• Communication with a range of horticulture public and private sector stakeholders, at different levels;
• Under the overall leadership of the Project Leader contribute to the planning and management of the GhanaVeg project;
• Assist the Project Leader in the design of work plans, in reporting, in monitoring of key outputs, outcomes and deliverables, and in performance evaluation.
• Preparations of Business Platform meetings, High-Level Round Tables between private sector representatives and high-level policy makers;
• Development of terms of reference for studies and contribute to business cases and sector reports;
• Contribute to the project’s half-yearly narrative and financial reports;
• Assist in the Trade Missions, Vegetable Investment Fairs and Business-to-Business activities;
• Pro-actively explore new Business Opportunities in Ghana’s vegetables sector.
• Assist the Project Leader in project staff management
• Act as interim Project Leader when requested. Qualification Required & Experience
Only those candidates whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites below will be considered for the position:
• Minimum five years’ experience in setting-up and managing a grants facility;
• Master’s degree in one of the following: business administration, finance, economics, accounting, and/or related field;
• Professional working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of projects, preferably in the agricultural sector;
• Excellent skills in using computer Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel.
• Excellent analytical, writing, planning and communication skills;
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one page letter and current CV describing their experience, qualifications and three reference contacts by email. Emails should be sent to the Regional HR Officer at:- [email protected]
with copy to [email protected] Closing Date:
12 December, 2013
Applicants should indicate in the subject line of the email: GhanaVeg Senior Business Advisor Position or GhanaVeg Fund Manager and Monitoring Expert Position. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview scheduled in Accra. No telephone queries will be responded to. The interview will consist of a panel interview and may include a written and/or oral test in English.