Driver / Transportation
Job Vacancy For Senior Driver
• To provide secure and timely driving services to transport personnel and/or goods, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol & security issues.
• The Driver must also demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Reports directly to the Operations Coordinator
• To ensure secured and timely driving services to IDE Ghana’s staff, equipment and other items are moved to designated areas as required.
• Provide support to Supervisor by coordinating the daily movement of drivers and smooth operation of vehicle to meet the program staff needs.
• Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident and report any accident immediate to supervisor.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Keep track of timely car insurance renewals, DVLA Road worthiness and other regulatory requirements.
• Be aware of any security situations across the work region and disseminate same to travelling staff and management immediately.
• Timely extract kilometers based on vehicle usage by projects for fuel & service retirement and other official activity.
• Any other task that will be required by supervising officers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A professional experience of NOT less than 6 years
• Applicants ages between 25 – 40 years
• Professional experience in related NGO environment
• Familiarity with areas within the 3 Northern Regions
• Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
• Ability to establish professional relationship with co-workers and upper level staff and other employees.
• Ability to speak any common language within the project target area is an added advantage
• A professional driver with a mechanical experience is an added advantage
ATTRIBUTES WE LOOK FOR
• Able to work in a multi-cultural team
• High level of empathy and patience
• Confident, organized, and good communication skills
• Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role
• Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic
• A high level of commitment to iDE’s values and objectives
• Willingness to learn new ideas
• Ability & wiliness to travel
How To Apply For The Job
All suitable applicants should post their Application Letter and CV to email address:
Closing Date: 21 March, 2018