Our client, the West African Power Pool (WAPP), is an institution established by the mandate of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to, among others, develop a sustainable regional electricity supply system in order to promote the economic growth of the ECOWAS sub region. To achieve this objective, there is the need for WAPP to establish a regional electricity market in West Africa through the appropriate development and implementation of key infrastructure so that all ECOWAS member states are given access to economic energy resources.
Within this framework, the Governments of Nigeria, Niger, Benin, Togo and Burkina are collaborating to develop a sub-regional interconnection project referred to as the 330 kV WAPP North Core Project. The project involves the construction of approximately 875 km of 330 kV transmission lines from Nigeria to Burkina Faso, through Niger, and Benin. As a social mitigation measure, the project also envisages the electrification of rural communities located within a 5 km radius on both sides of the line, as well as the implementation of other environmental and social mitigation measures.
An Implementation Management Unit (IMU) with one central office in Abuja and local offices in the other countries is being established as part of the project’s institutional framework to, among others, assist in the preparation and physical implementation of the North Core project.
Blueprint Consult Company Limited, on behalf of WAPP, is recruiting for the following six (6) key positions of the Implementation Management Unit (IMU) and invites qualified professionals to submit their applications for consideration.
Senior Financial Specialist
• The Senior Financial Specialist will have broad responsibility for the financial management; accounting policy, procedures and reporting; and practices of the Implementation Management Unit (IMU). This involves ensuring financial planning, control and reporting as well as the efficient administration of financial resources.
Key responsibilities include:
• Establish an efficient control system for the management of the IMU’s financial and material resources;
• Define strategic and financial objectives, prepare financial reports and respond to all questions relating to the financial management of the IMU;
• Provide services related to accounting, finance, procurement, planning, and management control of the IMU;
• Execute comptrollership functions in order to ensure that finances are managed according to internationally accepted accounting principles.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters degree and above in Finance or Economics or related field;
• At least fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience, five (5) of which should have been in a senior management position;
• Experience in applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) ) /International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
• Knowledge of procedures and guidelines of International Financing Institutions such as World Bank, African Development Bank, European Union (EU)
• Qualification as a professional accountant (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, DSCG, DESCOGEF etc.) or membership of an accounting body will be an advantage.
• Work experience or knowledge/understanding of the power industry
• Experience in developing financial models for complex operations
Skills and competencies:
• Ability to initiate, manage and quickly adapt and perform efficiently in a dynamic and culturally diverse environment
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to use financial management software e.g. enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are invited to apply strictly online. Kindly download application forms and complete, clearly indicating the position you are applying for.
Click Here To Download Application Form
Please send completed application forms accompanied by an application letter to:
For further enquiries kindly send emails to:
or call +233 302 963401
03 September, 2018