The successful candidate for this role will join our IT Services team as a Senior Infrastructure Operations Lead in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the Head of Business and Support Services and will be responsible for supporting all digital platforms and cloud journey with emphasis on support management, service provisioning and service cataloging to meet business digital road map.
• Manage the entire IT and IP Infrastructure and ensure all day to day operational activities are performed;
• Maintain an updated inventory of all infrastructure assets including all licenses (Microsoft, Oracle and other
• Ensure compliance to Microsoft and ORACLE licenses at all times in accordance with the company’s enterprise agreements;
• Design and execute resilient IT Network;
• Provide recommendations and best practices for all infrastructure and application monitoring tools and processes;
• Life cycle management of all platforms within scope;
• Work with the Head of Business Support Services to drive operational excellence across the business;
• Manage all vendors within the infrastructure domain and ensure service delivery meets agreed service levels
• Periodic and ad-hoc reporting on infrastructure activities and performance;
• Ensure periodic backups of information and applications are performed as per approved policies;
• Perform capacity planning and management and provide recommendations;
• Work closely with the PMO team to deliver projects;
• Liaise with Information Security to ensure security compliance as per information security standards, processes and policies.
• Comply with all internal control policies and procedures;
• Support and guide service providers or internal teams to mitigate issues related to IT infrastructure;
• Continually review operating and emergency procedures and initiate improvement plans to minimize risk to the business-critical service delivery;
• Manage outages and failures (i.e. root cause analysis, key learnings and provide expert advice);
• Review and advice on IT Infrastructure and IP network design gaps and technological trends;
• Develop cost efficient ways of reducing operational cost without compromising of service quality and continual operational efficiency;
• Develop, mentor/coach and train team to meet individual career aspirations and team goals.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering and related disciplines from a recognized university;
• Minimum of five (5) to seven (7)years’ experience in a similar position;
• In-depth knowledge in IT applications, service and support organization;
• Extensive knowledge in Operations, IT Infrastructure, Data Center, Network and Vendor Management;
• Good Project Management background.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
20 June, 2018
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.