Fair Wages and Salaries Commission
Job Vacancy For Senior Legal Officer At Fair Wages and Salaries Commission
• Conduct research on the applicable Labour Laws and International Industrial Relations Principles related to the Commission's work,
• Review and analyse all Court and National Labour Commission rulings and report to Head, Legal on findings that will be beneficial to the work of the Commission.
• Conduct analysis of cases decided on by the Courts or Labour Commission in which the Commission was a party, providing bases for the decisions of the jury to the Head, Legal.
• Draft legal opinions, letters to parties, orders, decisions and documents to the courts and other bodies for the consideration; of the Head, Legal.
• Draft legal pleadings, appellant's briefs, correspondences, memoranda and other related documents.
• Submits accurate and timely inputs to the Head, Legal to aid the preparation of submissions and other such documents,
• Represent the Commission in Court / National Labour Commission
Qualification Required & Experience
• LLB degree from a recognised institution/University
• BL from Ghana School of Law
• Must have not less than 5 years post qualification experience in a recognised chamber.
• Must be a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing
Must possess demonstrable expertise in the following areas:
• Industrial Relations
• Labour Law
• Civil Procedure
• Advocacy skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent writing skills
• Time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Leadership and Administration skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be forwarded, together with supporting documents, a statement of applicant's vision for the position, Curriculum Vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, e-mail and addresses of three (3) referees to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
Closing Date: 28 August, 2015