Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSR), with head office in Toronto, Canada, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. Job Description
A vacancy exists at the Underground Department for the position of: Senior Mine Geologist Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Geological Superintendent, the successful candidate shall be expected to add value in the areas of safety, teamwork, grade control, resource definition and extension, as well as promoting continuous improvement. Key responsibilities include:
• Act for the Geological Superintendent during periods of absence.
• Ensure that Grade Control processes are effectively applied to mining operations.
• Define the mineral resources sufficiently well to enable effective mining strategy and operating decisions.
• Ensure proper drilling programme planning, data validation, QAQC and Sampling/Assay Protocols, as well as effective geological mapping
• Ensure that all geological data is appropriately collected and safely stored as per best practice
• Supervise, mentor and sustain a capable team.
• Maintain a good understanding of daily operational issues
• Demonstrate commitment to safety and risk management processes.
• Preparation of monthly reports for management decision making
• Enforce adherence to all statutory and company policies and provisions relating to mining operations.
• Develop continuous improvement programmes using the company's tools. Remuneration
• This position goes with a very competitive salary package with fringe benefits Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree or diploma in Mine Geology or Geological Engineering from a recognized institution
• At least 3 years of working experience in a leadership role in the mining environment with a practical understanding of technical, operating and management processes.
• Excellent Knowledge in practical Geostatistics, Resource/Reserve Estimation and Reconciliation.
• Proficiency in Geological Modelling and Grade Control software
• Effective cost management and productivity improvement skills.
• Should be a team player and have the ability to work under pressure
• Must be able to lead and develop a competent team
• Should be determined to undertake challenging assignments and implement improvement programmes.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess valid and clean Ghanaian Driving License Location:
Tarkwa How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs, photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents, email addresses, and phone numbers to: [email protected]
or the addresses below: THE HR/ADMINISTRATION MANAGER GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED P.M.B TARKWA Closing Date:
02 October, 2017
Note: Only short listed applicants shall be contacted.