Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the population. Purpose of Job:
The Senior Mining Applications Engineer is responsible for customers and internal Sandvik groups to improve processes in mines. You should be an individual whose broad understanding of customer needs enables you to offer holistic solutions for all types of mines at every stage of operation with specific emphasis on process assessments, production modelling and fleet utilisation/optimisation. Key Responsibilities
• Ensure major tenders support customer needs and present best practices
• Ensure optimisation through system availability and cost effectiveness.
• Drive applications expertise internally within Sandvik and externally with customers.
• Identify, report and implement effective cost reduction initiatives
• Provide mine-2-Mill concepts for overall process optimisation.
• Identify and track major long-term projects and engage the right internal stakeholders
• Provide input into the development of new offering and product specifications
• Ensure Safety, Health, Environment & Quality standards are strictly enforced
• Develop customer relationships to ensure positive experience and loyalty to the Sandvik brand.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
• Take responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree-qualified Engineer with significant Mining experience.
• Mining process knowledge (customers and applications)
• Proven understanding of our offering, business model and strategic targets
• Computer literacy and proven understanding and experience with IT systems and terminology, MS Project and MS Visio
• System support and remote support experience
• Management of Projects, clear reporting and results orientation
• Ability to conduct Systemic failure analysis
• Creativity and ability to work with broad network of peers of diverse backgrounds and levels of authority.
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills
This position is available at Pakyi No. 1 (near Kumasi). Successful applicants would be required to work at Sandvik sites in Ghana and other West African Countries. Location:
Pakyi No. 1 (near Kumasi) How To Apply For The Job
Suitable applicants can send their CVs and application form marked "BLM-Automation" by email to: [email protected]
or by post: SANDVIK MINING AND CONSTRUCTION(GH) LTD PMB, KIA ACCRA Closing Date:
28 September, 2017