Established in 2007, AUMS is a leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining industry, supported by a safe and performance orientated culture. We believe in investing in the development of our people and back them with state of the art equipment and world's best practice.
AUMS is seeking to employ suitably qualified individuals to fill the following roles for upcoming work in Ghana and throughout Africa. Job Title:
Senior Mining Engineer
Reporting to the site Project Managers, the Senior Mining Engineer is responsible for assisting the site management team with the technical mining issues on site, interpreting and analysing the mining physicals and site costs and to integrate with our client's technical services team.
To be considered for this role you must possess 5+ years experience as a mining engineer in a high speed, high productivity underground mining environment, influence and engagement with operation personnel and possess highly developed analytical skills that translate to improvements. You will need to bring boundless energy in driving the engineering department in delivering the following, demonstrated from your previous experience:
• Ensuring the mining physicals are achieved as per the contract/clients schedules
• Ensuring an intimate understanding of the site contract, variations and management plans that AUMS is compliant too
• Maintaining strong relationships with your team, the client, and the technical services department
• Preparation of accurate monthly reports and monthly claims
• Develop cost reduction initiatives and prepare budgets Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants will have significant experience of a high productivity underground environment of world class standards. Significant practical operational experience is a pre-requisite for this role, including supervisory experience in the underground environment Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you have the determination, passion and ambition to make a success of this role then please forward your application to: [email protected]
addressing the criteria outlined above.
Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted Closing Date:
30 November, 2017