Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operational support of all security systems on the corporate LAN and WAN, and DMZ as well as Active directory in accordance with established IT Operational Framework.
• Work with Corporate IT to administer all firewalls/firepower and other security devices and solutions including Cisco ASA, Cisco AMP, AVC, IPS, Symantec Endpoint Protection Security (SEP) Sophus Anti-virus, vulnerability scanners; ensuring security patches, and service packs are reviewed and installed; resolving all security threats.
• Configure and maintain site to site VPN, remote access VPN, IKE and IPSec tunnel, PKI for authentication.
• Create route, domain based VPN and security rules to perform protocol filtering.
• Work with the security systems supervisor from the Mine physical security department on access control, NVRs, DDN, CCTV, Security Alarms systems etc.
• Monitor all systems to proactively identify and block security breaches using the appropriate tools in resolving all threats.
• Manage IT security programmes on site in respect to spam and email filters, and anti-malware programme initiating corrective actions to ensure that defined goals are met.
• Execute security operations and incident response procedures in the event of a breach.
• Responsible for IT team and End-User Cybersecurity Awareness Program - Role-Based Security Training, aimed at developing a very robust IT security culture on site.
• Perform periodic IT Security Compliance Audit and communicate findings and recommend security upgrades and improvements.
• Provide weekly network and IT security metrics report
• Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor or his appointee.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering or any related qualification.
• Professional Certifications in Networks and Security: CCNP, CCDP, CCNP Security, CCSP, CISSP, CEH, MCP etc. is required.
• Minimum of 7 years hands-on networking experience in an Enterprise Network environment with excellent knowledge of BGP, SRP/GLBP, IS-IS, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.
• Minimum of 4 years of IT Security hands-on experience in an Enterprise Network, Telecommunication or ISP designing or supporting IT security portfolio, working on: Access Lists, SSH, AES, 3DES, RAIDIUS/TACACS, ASA, IPSEC, GRE.
• Knowledge of Encryption technologies, Cisco Identity Services Engine is an advantage.
• Proficiency on Mobile device Management and Security: Knowledge of Air-watch, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of windows Server Environment: Active Directory DNS, DHCP etc.
• Intermediate knowledge of sever operations; VMWare, HCI, etc.
• Be able to work independently or in a team environment, able to interact with users/ peers.
• Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude.
• Strong leadership, motivational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Results oriented and meets deadlines.
• Good work ethics, good communication skills and good personal behavior.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 10th June, 2018:
The Human Resources Manager
Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.
10 June, 2018