Our client, the West African Power Pool (WAPP), is an institution established by the mandate of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to, among others, develop a sustainable regional electricity supply system in order to promote the economic growth of the ECOWAS sub region. To achieve this objective, there is the need for WAPP to establish a regional electricity market in West Africa through the appropriate development and implementation of key infrastructure so that all ECOWAS member states are given access to economic energy resources.
Within this framework, the Governments of Nigeria, Niger, Benin, Togo and Burkina are collaborating to develop a sub-regional interconnection project referred to as the 330 kV WAPP North Core Project. The project involves the construction of approximately 875 km of 330 kV transmission lines from Nigeria to Burkina Faso, through Niger, and Benin. As a social mitigation measure, the project also envisages the electrification of rural communities located within a 5 km radius on both sides of the line, as well as the implementation of other environmental and social mitigation measures.
An Implementation Management Unit (IMU) with one central office in Abuja and local offices in the other countries is being established as part of the project’s institutional framework to, among others, assist in the preparation and physical implementation of the North Core project.
Blueprint Consult Company Limited, on behalf of WAPP, is recruiting for the following six (6) key positions of the Implementation Management Unit (IMU) and invites qualified professionals to submit their applications for consideration. Job Title:
Senior Procurement Specialist Job Summary
• The Senior Procurement Specialist will lead, manage, execute and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods, works and consulting services for the implementation of the North Core project and for the needs of the IMU.
• S/he will ensure that all project related procurement and contract management activities are undertaken in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner, and in line with procurement regulations and guidelines of the international financing agencies involved in the project. Key responsibilities include:
• Plan, develop and manage all procurement and contractual activities relating to goods, works and consulting services and conduct all stages of the procurement process in close collaboration with all stakeholders;
• Advise the IMU on the full range of procurement issues including related risks and mitigation measures, and provide support and guidance at all stages of the procurement process;
• Prepare/review procurement documents), and provide input, where required, on specific procurement
documents in collaboration with technical specialists of the IMU, Consultants and the Owner’s Engineer. I.e. tender documents, terms of reference, request for proposals
• Take a lead role in the preparation of request for expressions of interest, evaluation of expressions of
interest for short listing, and preparation of request for proposals and their evaluation and drafting of evaluation report. Qualification Required & Experience Requirements:
• Masters degree and above in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Law or other related field;
• A minimum of ten (10) years of proven professional experience in procurement and administration in the public or private sector, of which at least five (5) years should be directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting experience with complex projects funded by multilateral institutions.
• Seasoned knowledge of procurement policies and practices of multilateral developments banks
• Knowledge of and experience in all procurement categories (Goods, Works and Consulting Services)
• Previous experience with EPC contracts in the power sector is an advantage Skills and competencies:
• High level of integrity and professional ethics
• Excellent organizational skills and proven track record of working effectively with multidisciplinary teams, in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and critical thinking in the application of established policies, rules and procedures.
• Proficiency in English and French (reading and writing) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
• To be fluent in French and English. Ability to use relevant computer software (MS Word,Excel, Power Point) as well as the internet is also a key requirement for all positions.
• These are full time positions, envisaged for a term of approximately 36 months. Successful candidates will be stationed at the IMU Head Office in Abuja, Nigeria but will be required to make frequent visits to the field offices of the IMU and/or project sites located in any of the following countries: Nigeria, Niger, Benin, Togo and Burkina
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are invited to apply strictly online. Kindly download application forms and complete, clearly indicating the position you are applying for. Click Here To Download Application Form
Please send completed application forms accompanied by an application letter to: [email protected]
or [email protected]
For further enquiries kindly send emails to: [email protected]
or call +233 302 963401 Closing Date:
03 September, 2018