Global Health Systems Solutions (GHSS) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization dedicated to seeking innovative solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases.
We focus in three key areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and prevention; enhance field surveillance and epidemiological training for relevant animal and human health to mitigate threats posed by diseases; and improve service delivery at all health levels. Our major collaborators include Ministries of Health, the World Health Organisation, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and several bi-lateral organizations.
• A degree in Information Technology
• At least two (2) years experience working as an IT professional
• Must be proficient in PHP and MYSQL
• Experienced with MYSQL and database schema design
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Aware of web standards, their purpose, benefits and appropriateness
• The ability to understand customer experience and create optimal experiences using modern web technologies
• The ability to work independently and collaborate with a remote development team
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of AJAX and its appropriate usage
• Experience working with large Java script frameworks, such as JQuery,
• Experience working with source code version control systems, such as Subversion Git is preferred
• Ability to prepare detailed project development plans and activity reports
• Excellent people skills and ability to work in a team.
• Ability and willingness to travel and work throughout the Country as requested
• Familiarity with dhis2 platform will be an advantage. Salary:
Very competitive Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: [email protected]
Or [email protected] Closing Date:
24 September, 2013 Interview Date:
27th September 2013