The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking for its Regional Technical Assistance Center in Accra: Special Project Officer Description of duties:
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Center, the selected candidate will mainly be responsible for:
• Organising periodic meetings of the Center's Steering Committee;
• Assisting in the preparation of the documents submitted to the Steering Committee, in particular the draft work program of the Center and its revisions, the draft annual report, and summary tables and charts, by collating the contributions from the Resident Advisors attached to the Center;
• Assisting with economic research and analysis of sectors covered by the Resident Advisors in the Center;
• Contributing to the preparation of the Center's information newsletter-ter;
• Ensuring the maintenance and periodic updating of the Center's website and updating its content as needed, in collaboration with the Resident Advisors;
• Ensuring the maintenance and development of the Center's thematic/country databases as needed;
• Carrying out other ad hoc projects related to the Center's activities on the instructions of the Coordinator. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master's degree in economics or an equivalent from a business or management school in international economics, development economics, finance or statistics with a minimum of two years work experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of Portuguese will be an added advantage.
• Very high proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and working knowledge of a database management program (such as Access). Good IT skills would be essential. The selected candidate should be:
• Self motivated
• Exhibit team spirit
• Consistently demonstrate the ability to work independently and under pressure in a multicultural environment.
• Professional experience in project management in a government agency or a regional or international organization will be an asset. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are invited to send a CV along with their certificates, references and a letter of motivation to the following address: AFRITAC West 2/IMF Ref: Special Project Officer
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
10 October, 2014