To manage the operations of the Warehouse by receiving, storing and issuing inventory whiles maintaining high facility integrity, follow required HSE Site policy and adhering to standards, laid down operational procedures as well as managing and guiding subordinates to ensure higher service levels KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS TO ACHIEVE OBJECTIVE(S) ABOVE
• Order and Receive Materials.
• Safeguard and Issue Material
• Customer Care, GRs, Local Purchase, Repair Orders Administration.
• Administration General Responsibilities
• Health and Safety. Order and Receive Materials
• Supervise the day to day Receipt, Storage and Issue operations of the warehouse
• Ensure that the warehouse is maintained in a clean, secure, safe and tidy state (good housekeeping)
• Investigate and report on Transit Loss and Damage Reports.
• Check that materials delivered match descriptions, and that the quantities are correct and the material is not obviously damaged.
• Maintain perpetual Stock-check register. Prepare periodic stock-checks and investigate discrepancies. Prepare Stock Adjustment Vouchers. In conjunction with Accounts/Auditors, conduct bi-annual 100% Stock-take
• Maintain Register of Dangerous Goods on site. Ensure all Dangerous Goods are handled, stored and transported in accordance with appropriate regulations. Report on breaches of Storage Regulations
• Investigate and report on Inventory and Storage location discrepancies.
• Ensure that material is receipted/issued correctly by checking the transactions against the System report daily
• Prepare warehouse reports weekly/monthly
• Accept, store and dispose of scrap and other discarded material in accordance with Company regulations
• Training of Store-men / Clerks
• Determines the consumption of items in remote stores and arrange replenishment Safeguard and Issue Material
• Ensure that material is sent to the correct (allocated) point of issue e.g. in store suspense bay, department (GRs) or consignment stock holding point.
• Ensures, by spot checks, that issuing is done correctly i.e. requisition details match issue.
• Ensures that all material is safely and neatly stored in allocations.
• Optimises storage area by grouping items to avoid double handling, storing for FIFO etc.
• Counts stock either on an ad hoc or a pre-determined basis in accordance with logistics procedures.
• Determines discrepancy between count and System records. Customer Care, GRs, Local Purchase, Repair Orders Administration
• Ensures that all distribution and internal waybills i.r.o. GRs, Repair and Purchase Orders are filed correctly
• Inputs credits to computer when necessary for any order e.g. when items are returned to supplier etc.
• Supervises work of subordinates (if applicable) by allocating tasks, coaching and leading. Qualification Required & Experience The job demands knowledge of:
• Best practice of store management and supply knowledge
• Commercial and mercantile law
• Basic technical knowledge in mechanical and electrical equipment
• Business management and administration skills
• Computer knowledge
• Knowledge in JDE / SAP and or any related ERP system will be an advantage but not essential
• Procurement ethics Personal Requirements The job demands:
• Supply management certificate
• Experience as a supply and store team leader
• Delegation and interpersonal skills
• Initiative and drive
• Time management
• Experience in mining supply management
• Negotiation skills
• Experience as a section or department head EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Degree in Supply Chain Management with strong Warehouse / Inventory Management experience.
• Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering and with Supply Chain experience
• Diploma in Procurement Stores Management or Logistics
• Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering and with Supply Chain experience EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• Code BE Drivers licence.
• Computer Literacy.
• 3+ years experience as a Stores Controller or 5+ years experience as a Senior Storeman, Storeman or Stores Clerk in a Mining or Manufacturing Company Location:
Bibiani How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should please apply to: [email protected]
Or The Human Resource Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani Closing Date:
18 November, 2013
Please indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.