• The Subsea EHS Manager is responsible for leading the support for the Subsea Construction Group and Construction Safety Officer to ensure safe and reliable engineering execution.
• Providing day-to-day support to all site based personnel on health, safety & emergency response.
• Provide leadership direction, oversight and assurance for all engineering construction activity completed within the Subsea Group.
• Ensure conformance/compliance with Tullow standards and EHS policies and procedures.
• Provide leadership/facilitation to ensure engineering and construction elements are developed & implemented in Tullow Safety Case TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop requirements of Bridging Documents, Standards, Practices, and Guidelines to be issue to Contractors during tendering process.
• Conduct and participate periodic revision of site based contractors’ Risk Assessments, including facilitation of Task Risk Assessment (TRA)’s development to ensure, that all EHS hazards are identified and adequately addressed and revision of Risk register;
• Conduct regular vessel EHS inspections in conjunction with Tullow marine department
• Maintain a high personal level of familiarity with all Tullow EHS procedures, in particular those specifically applicable to onshore and offshore construction activities.
• Lead in the development of any required Subsea EHS procedures
• When/As requested to travel offshore for competency enhancement and participation in incident investigation.
• Assess and evaluate current engineering & EHS construction standards, policies, procedures, and practices for Contractors activity within Tullow EHS policy, ensuring fitness for purpose and identification of gaps for closure.
• Lead project EHS resources (internal and contract) to ensure safe, timely and cost effective execution of projects.
• Develop an assessment framework to ensure that the appropriate skills, and capabilities are in place to execute/ apply the standards, policies, procedures, and practices within the Tullow EHS policy and procedures for Contractors.
• Support and mentor local Construction Safety Officers to ensure implementation of EHS requirements, programs and standards.
• Ensure that Tullow EHS policy and procedures is integrated into the Contractors portfolio of activities and that the Performance Improvement Cycle drives prioritized continuous improvement in the systems and processes based on systematic risk/ hazard evaluation.
• Ensure that clear objectives and metrics are established, communicated, reported, reviewed, and performance managed as it relates to Contractor performance for the execution of capex activities.
• To provide Emergency Response technical support to site management staff and contractors with regard to normal day-to-day operations, future projects and relevant incidents investigations
• Coordinate the regular review of Contractors site Emergency Response Plan
• Implement and maintain regular site emergency exercises schedule as per Emergency Response Plan. ADD'TL SPECIFICATIONS: (Job Rotations, Local conditions, Travel Requirements)
• Position will require foreign travel and potentially some extended project site visits especially during project fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up.
• Position will be Rotation 28 / 28 with local EHS rep to be trained. Total Years Work Experience:
• Project experience in Subsea EHS installation-specific and/or project and execution experience Qualification Required and Experience
• Bachelors in Occupational Safety and Health or Equivalent
• Overall Subsea EHS construction experience in Offshore Oil Gas industry.
• Experience in Safety and Construction management in the Offshore Oil Gas industry.
• Subsea EHS project/construction experience in various remote locations with oil and gas
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with motivating "can do" attitude and ability to work effectively with diverse teams at all levels both internally and externally. SECTION VII - PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Goal / results oriented
• Organizational and coordination skills - ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams
• Interpersonal skills - consensus builder
• Computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Communication skills – good written and spoken English and presentation skills
• Mentoring skills – interest, commitment and patience in developing in-country national resources. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
30 January, 2014 Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationship. We strive to recruit the best candidate for any position in Tullow and this goal is underpinned by our attractive market-based remuneration and employment policies