We are local Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are committed to the development of deprived Adolescent girls to join our team for the positions below in a project aimed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of highly marginalized out-of-school girls and transition them into formal school or employment in two districts of Northern Region. Position Title:
Supervisors (2) Employment Status:
Full Time Position Key Responsibilities:
• Monitor, supervise and motivate Community Facilitators and Committees
• Monitor and supervise and literacy classes
• Educate and encourage beneficiary communities to support community facilitators
• Organise and conduct animation for project communities on an ongoing manner
• Organise and participate in initial training for Community Facilitators and offer post-training support to Facilitators and Community Committees. Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences and other relevant academic background.
• At least 2 years in the case of a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years in the case of Diploma work experience especially in a rural setting.
• Proficiency in speaking, writing and reading of Likpakpa and/or Dagbani Abilities and Interpersonal Skills:
• Possess excellent communications and negotiation skills;
• Be a team player
• Be self driven and able to work within tight deadlines
• Must have initiative and be proactive in the promotion of the project activities in the districts.
• Familiarity with local customs and traditions of Northern Ghana
• Preparedness to reside in the district of appointment
• Ability to ride motor-bike Location:
Wulensi and Kpandai – Northern Region How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (three pages) and a cover letter. The application should include two referees.Applications with the Position applied for reference in the subject addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 November, 2018
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.