The Technology Innovation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the design, development and pilot testing of technology innovations that impact the key solutions areas identified by Grameen Foundation: Agriculture, Financial Services and Health. The Technology Innovations Manager will be responsible for managing technology aspects of project work plans and budgets, and for ensuring timely high quality implementation and delivery of technical services. The Technology Innovations Manager will also contribute to the strategic planning and monitoring of projects.
In addition the Technology Innovations Manager will work with the Director of Technology Innovations and the Country Director to build the profile of GF in Ghana by liaising with potential collaborators and clients on new business developments from a technical perspective. The Technology Innovations Manager will act as the spokesperson for GF on technical matters and will work closely with the technology teams in Grameen to manage and deliver against contracts for other non Ghana work that are technical in nature.
The Technology Innovations Manager will lead the Software Development team and be the main point of contact between the team and Health Communications staff, M&E staff, MOTECH implementation staff, any technical consultants, and others as needed. Essential Job Functions
• Lead and/or contribute to new program design in Ghana across the mHealth, mAgriculture and Mobile Financial Services domains, including concept design, partnership development and fundraising.
Oversee the design and implementation of core technologies within new programs at inception in Ghana, ensuring quality of design/implementation and effective integration with GF technology platforms and smooth transition to ongoing management.
• Develop and manage technology aspects of project workplans and budget
• Represent GF at conferences and other thought leadership events, building the Grameen Foundation brand as the preeminent technology for development organization.
• Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators, both for the enhancement of existing projects as well as for the development of new projects.
• Collaborate with other technology leaders across the SSA region and solution area teams providing technology expertise and contributing to the “One GF” culture.
• Oversee select software developer and IT specialists.
• Ensure that the MoTeCH service/systems and all other technology solutions developed or used by Grameen in Ghana are meeting end-user needs.
• Drive the integration of MOTECH data into the national health information management system (DIHMS2) as well as for building GHS capacity to manage the technological aspects of MOTECH as part of the management transition.
• Clearly define success metrics for each release of updated MOTECH software service
• Write clear and concise technical specifications as required Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5 or more years of project management or similar experience – ideally with a top consulting firm or technology company with a proven track record of achievement under a range of challenging situations.
• Management experience. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
• Mobile technology experience in Africa region
• An entrepreneurial spirit — with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Proven ability to lead project/product software development processes
• Strong team leadership skills
• Proven ability to think and work both strategically and operationally
• Successful experience working in international organizations/multi-cultural settings
• Proven ability using sound judgment to manage challenging circumstances and resolve conflicts
• Strong written and spoken English skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
• Ability to promote knowledge transfer through strong mentoring and team building skills
• Comfort with unstructured problems and ability to manage complexities under pressure
• Knowledge of Java programming and mySQL databases a strong plus Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please send applications to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
28 November, 2013