The Travel Consultant/CCR is responsible for selling travel packages, creating destination packages for customers and overall customer care.
Travel Consultant Functions:
• Booking and selling competitive travel packages to suit the holiday needs of clients
• Manage customers travel request through phone or e-mail
• Offer sales advice on topmost travel destinations to suit customers enquiries
• Build and maintain effective customer relationship
• Other duties as outlined by Line Manager
Customer Care Functions:
• Support and provide superior service to customers via phones, e-mails and faxes as a receiver and caller
• Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
• Use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks like call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
• Understand the impact of attitude in handling calls professionally
• Effectively deal with job stress, angry callers, and upset customers
• Use the most appropriate way to communicate with different behaviour types on the telephone.
• Apply the elements of building positive rapport with different types of customers over the phone.
• Apply the proper telephone etiquette to satisfy various customer situations.
• Apply appropriate actions to effectively control a telephone call.
• Identify voice skills and how to enhance a good telephone presentation.
• Meets commitments to customers
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
Skills and Requirements:
• Good proficiency and navigation skills around a PC - including the internet
• Excellent keyboard skills - as they usually have to input data into a system
• Good telephone manner with a clear speaking voice - as most of the work will be done over the telephone
• Good communication skills and the ability to build rapport with the customer
• Ability to work well in a team
• A good first degree or its equivalent in any discipline
• Certificate in Amadeus
• Ability to use Amadeus GDS application proficiently is MANDATORY
• Possession of 1-2 years working experience in an IATA recognised travel agency
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Prior experience working within the travel industry is mandatory
• People management
• Personal international travel experience
• Previous sales experience
• Strong communication – verbal, presentational and written
• Knowledge about hotels, travel destinations etc.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected]
and quote the job designation they are applying for in the Subject area of the email.
15 November, 2014