Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For Treasurer
We are a reputable financial institution with nationwide branch network looking to recruit committed and hardworking individuals for the following role:- Treasurer
Main Purpose of Role
Direct, lead and control efficient management of the Bank's treasury function related to vault management, foreigh exchange dealing, money market dealing, treasury sales and money remittances in order to maximize returns as well as manage counter party risk exposure within specified treasury / risk guidelines
• Develop and implement the Treasury Management Policy and strategies including vault management, international money remittances, teasury sales, and foreigh exchange and money market dealings.
• Buy and Sell securities and money market instruments within the guidelines established by the Bank's Treasury / Investment Policy as well as coordinate the day to day cash flow requirements of the Bank.
• Develop and implement treasury marketing strategies and related systems and procedures
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Asset / Liability Management Committee
• Controls cash position through the preparation of cash flow statements.
• Manage the Bank's current accounts and balances with the Bank of Ghana
• Ensures the efficient exchange rate management for the Bank's forex dealings
• Manage the key treasury risks for the bank including foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk, counterparty risk, and funding / liquidity risk
• Monitor and advise on Treasury issues for international entities
• Develop and implement strategies for creating a niche in the money market
• Maintain bond and accrual accounting and oversee the receipt and payment of all interest due on investments and borrowings.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A recognised first degree plus a post-graduate degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent professional qualification in a related field.
• ACIB Certified
• A minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience in treasury / investment role in bank or financial institutions
• Three (3) years should have been in a managerial position function preferably in a financial insitution
Skills and Knowledge
• In-depth knowledge of the functioning of the financial market particularly the money market, foreigh exchange and international money remittances
• In-depth knowledge of treasury management in banking environment of financial insitution
• Good knowledge of treasury management and trading standards, foreign exchange, money market dealings and international money remittances
• Excellent process skills to assist organisation in streamlining treasury function and compliance with regulatory and international best practices
• Broad financial knowledge, including investment planning, asset allocation, etc.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of managing both sales and trading teams.
• Strong product knowledge across all asset classes
• Understanding of vault management and treasury sales
• Good knowledge of internal money remittances
• Excellent analytical, statistical and mathematical skills
• Good negotiation and networking skills
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit: initiative, independent, high level of flexibility, strong team player, and client oriented
• IT experience, including the use of word, excel and project management software.
How To Apply For The Job
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference please send your application with your curriculum vitae including the names of two referees to:-
Advert Number GC 211
c/o Graphic Communication Group Ltd
Closing Date: 06 December, 2013