• Inspect tyre casings for defects, such as holes or tear and perform other basic road safety checks
• Repair damaged and worn out tyres
• Provide technical advice on which tyres need replacing and the most suitable type of tyre for vehicles
• Remove and fit tyres correctly according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards.
• Ensure that balancing and alignment are properly carried out
• Identify tyre size and inflate accordingly.
• Order replacements for tyres or tubes.
• Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
• Assist mechanics and perform various mechanical duties, such as changing oil or checking and replacing batteries.
• And any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• NVTI Trade certification or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• A minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in a similar role
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license E
• Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner, independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to follow checklists and make sure all procedures and checks are completed correctly.
• Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good standards of housekeeping.
• Must be organized and self-motivated with high energy
• Reliable, high attention to details and honest
How to Apply For the Job
Applications will only be received by email to:
with Tyre Fitter as the subject line of the email.
21 September, 2018
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.