Asanko Gold Ghana LTD
Job Vacancy For Unit Manager – Projects (Fixed Term)
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company which has built the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s newest gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a midtier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a Fixed term role with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and incentive package.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to
demonstrate his/her abilities.
Position: Unit Manager - Projects (Fixed Term)
• Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager and working closely with the Site Engineering Manager and project contractors, the overall purpose of the role is to effectively plan and execute approved capital
projects in terms of budget, timing, safety and quality.
• The safe and effective execution of capital projects;
• Implement SHE procedures and standards to support projects;
• Develop Project Management plans, including setting priorities, activity schedules, performance targets,
safety and technical standards, procedures and time frames;
• Assist the Business Unit Managers with the preparation of the sustainable capital budget including the
development and maintenance of the 5 Year capital plan.
• Develop (or assist with) the Application for Expenditure (AFE’s);
• Initiate projects on time as per the capital project plan;
• Hold monthly project update meetings with Business Unit Managers and relevant stakeholders;
• Track and report on project progress from inception, design, construction and up to commissioning;
checking various stages to ensure adherence to design and specification, cost, time, resourcing, etc;
• Prepare and produce a Weekly Project Report;
• Provide technical support in projects scoping;
• Manage the contracting process, including validation of progress payments, retentions, amendments,
escalation claims/disputes and contract closure.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 3-year degree in Engineering (mechanical engineering preferred);
• A minimum of 3-years relevant post graduate experience;
• Project management skills;
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project management etc.;
• Excellent ability to read and Interpret technical drawings.
• Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports;
• Strong Organisational and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to drive in rough terrain;
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
1. Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to
the role you are applying for
2. Limit your CV to 4 pages
3. Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two
4. List your most recent positions first
5. Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
6. Please ensure you email email@example.com when applying for a job.
7. Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR & Administration, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road, Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana.
Closing Date: 10 June, 2018
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.