Jobs in West Africa - A non - profit organization founded to improve the lives of children and youth seeks a Stakeholder Engagement & Francophone Program Manager who brings a combination of excellent communication and project management skills with an entrepreneurial spirit, strategic thinking, passion for social change, focus on tangible results, a collaborative “can do” attitude and a desire for continuous improvement.
Based in Senegal the Stakeholder Engagement and Francophone Program Manager will contribute in the development and execution of a stakeholder engagement/communications strategy for the African region. He/She will also be responsible for the execution of the NGOs program in Francophone speaking countries – Senegal, Chad and The Democratic Republic of Congo. Primary responsibilities (Stakeholder Engagement)
Develop, manage, and execute an annual internal communications plan and external stakeholder communications plan across all communication media (online and offline) and reach appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals in partnership with The Global Marketing Manager.
• Provide guidance and training to staff and implementing partners in engaging stakeholders including identifying stakeholders, targeting communications, establishing and maintaining relationships.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders involved in its operations in Africa – including partners, experts, media, opinion leaders, social entrepreneurs and others to advocate the program, recruit their support and execute program strategy.
• Plan and carry out internal and external events in collaboration with partners.
• Manage advocacy, networking, conferences and similar activities to create awareness and build capacity on social entrepreneurship.
• Contribute to the production of impact reports and dissemination of impact information to relevant stakeholders.
• Report to Regional Manager and produce recommendations for review of senior management and Board. Primary responsibilities (Francophone Programs)
• Translate and customize the NGOs programs for Francophone African countries.
• Lead as assigned the execution of the NGO’s program and stakeholder engagement in Senegal, Chad and DRC.
• Manage the monitoring and reporting of the progress of the operations and indicators, and contribute to processes to measure, learn from and improve impact for Francophone African countries.
• Provide direction to Program Managers to provide training and support for the online application systems, and online reporting systems for programs in Francophone African Countries.
• Report to Regional Manager and produce recommendations for review of senior management and Board. Qualifications and abilities
• Native French speaker extremely fluent in English with excellent writing skills.
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and work cooperatively to build networks and satisfy needs of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and contributions of social entrepreneurs
• Explicit engagement for social change and understanding of child rights principles.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to inspire, engage and lead.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a multicultural environment with a remote team and virtual office systems.
• Excellent computer skills and expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and general database systems.
• Familiarity with business structures and corporate cultures in the telecom sector is highly desirable.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally How To Apply For The Job
To apply, send your application to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
22 November 2012
Applicants are to note that the first round of interviews will be held by Tuesday the 30/10/2012.