Meridian Ports Services (MPS), the leading Container Terminal Operator in the West Africa sub-region, is a public-private partnership between Ghana Ports & Harbours Authority and Meridian Port Holdings which in turn is a joint venture with Bolloré Africa Logistics and APM Terminals as principal investors and the leading container terminal operators in the world.
MPS has launched investment in state-of-the-art port technology including an additional 2 Ship-To-Shore Gantry Cranes (STS) and 8 Rubber-Tyre-Gantry (RTG) Cranes which are expected to arrive during the 2nd and 3rd quarter of next year. The Cranes will come fully loaded with sophisticated technology, including container Position Detection System (PDS) with interface connection to the Terminal Operating System Navis SPARCS through the LXE Radio Data Terminals (RDT) via an advanced Wi-Fi network- all over the 24 hectare terminal. MPS is now seeking to recruit & Train Young Ghanaian Graduates For the Following Position:- Crane Operators Qualification Required & Experience
• Higher National Diploma in a Technical field of studies or its equivalent.
• Must be willing and capable of working at heights and outdoor in the harbour.
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office etc.
• Work experience on cranes or similar container handling equipment is a plus. How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested applicants who are ready to be bonded after training may submit their applications including CV to the HR Manager at: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 November, 2012
• All selected candidates will be expected to complete a thorough training program on the new generation port technology for a period of 6 months.
• On successful completion of training the candidate will be offered appointment in the Company.Selection Process &Training on new technology cranes
A group of potential candidates will be short listed.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and testing on:
• Understanding the logic and possessing drive.
• Ability to meet expected productivity levels.
• Understanding of safety requirements for operating heavy machinery within a disciplined environment
• Computer literacy & other general topics.