Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the post of WASH Officer.
• VN No.: VN-15-09
• Post Level: NO-B
• IMIS #: GHA15015
• Duty Station: Accra
• Type of Contract Fixed-Term
• Duration: 2 years
Under the general guidance of the WASH Specialist (WATER), the WASH Officer (NOB) is accountable for providing support for planning, implementation,monitoring and evaluation and coordination of field based initiatives in relation to Water Safety, Household Water treatment and Safe Storage and Water Supply Sustainability and support the achievement of planned objectives of the work plan.altgned with country Programme goals and strategy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technically sound planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and coordination advice to support field initiatives and support the delivery of the national water safety, household water treatment and safe storage and water supply sustainability programming
• Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective WASH programme and project design, implementation,manage-ment, monitoring and evaluation.
• Draft WASH programme budgets for review by the supervisor, including concrete steps to enhance emer-gency preparedness and response.
• Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that WASH programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information and database (e.g., VISION).Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies. Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation office on maintaining a gender & equity focus in WASH data collection and reporting.
• Analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in WASH project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment (for both development and emergency orientated activities) as well as in the drafting of programme documentation, assuring accuracy and con-sistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action
• Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through an evidence-based approach and implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply and emergency assistance and WASH programme status
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
• Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) an asset
Minimum of two years progressively responsible professional work experience in WASH with experience in water quality management.
Fluency in English required and other UN working language is an asset.
• Core Values (Required)
Diversity and Inclusion
• Core Competence (Required)
Working with People [I)
Drive for Results [I]
• Functional Competencies (Required)
Formulating Strategies and Concepts (I)
Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Learning and Researching [II]
Planning and Organizing [I]
Relating and Networking
Other Skills and Attributes
• Very good planning and organising skill and strong drive for result
• Ability to formulate strategies and concepts
• Innovation and Analytical skills
• Gender and diversity awareness
• Effective coordination skills, networking and influencing
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Knowledge of computer management and applications
• Ability to work in a team and under pressure
How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better would for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History form (which can be downloaded from: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_apply.html . Applicants are requested to indicate the title of the position they are applying for. Applications should be hand delivered or sent through the post:
The Human Resources Officer
P. O. BOX 5051
Closing Date: 17 February, 2015
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!