Petroleum Commission Ghana
The Ghana Upstream Sector Internship Programme (GUSIP) At Petroleum Commission Ghana (Apply Now)
As part of Government of Ghana's efforts to create employment opportunities for the youth, the Petroleum Commission announces its career skills development initiative: the Ghana Upstream Sector Internship Programme (GUSIP).
The Commission is creating an opportunity through collaboration with International Oil Companies (IOCs) and Service Companies in the upstream petroleum industry to train and develop skills of young Ghanaian professionals with the goal to equip them with the requisite practical experience and expertise needed for upstream oil and gas operations.
The GUSIP entrails a comprehensive practical skill development targeted at training young graduates by exposing them directly to the oil and gas working environment and transferring to them practical experience, vocational skills and professional integration pathways, in order to enhance their assimilation into the oil and gas industry. The duration of the GUSIP training programme would not exceed 24 months.
• Must have graduate recently from a University, Polytechnic or any other tertiary institution
• Must have a minimum qualification of second class upper division
• Must have completed National Service
• Must not be currently employed in the oil and gas and related industry
• Preferred discipline, engineering, Geosciences, technical, information technology, Health Safety and Environment (HSE) and Projects and Contracting,
• Good analytical and conceptual skills
• Strong team orientation, a self-starter and ability to work under pressure
• Strong initiative and creative ability
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong social skills
How To Apply
Interested persons should note that the GUSIP is not a job offer, and hence, job placement is not guaranteed at the end of the training period. However, it is possible that some successful trainees may be retained for employment with some of the participating companies.
All CVs and applications should be address to:-
The Localisation Unit
Plot 4, George Walker Bush Highway, Dzorwulu,
P.O.Box CT 228
Or via email, Kindly note that all CVs and applications must be submitted electronically to:-
Closing Date: 17 November, 2015