At Superior Raceway Systems Limited, we see freshwater fish farms as a better way to help fight hunger and bolster food security. We focus on improving aquaculture on land-based ponds to help meet the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. http://superiorracewaysafrica.com/index.php/projects/
We are currently implementing a low-cost, sustainable aquaculture value chain in Ghana which is empowering 10,000 farmers. http://superiorracewaysafrica.com/index.php/sorghum/
These farmers are growing catfish and tilapia in land-based raceway ponds while using the waste-water from the fish ponds to drip irrigate soybeans, maize, sorghum, cocoa, pineapple, onions, sugarcane, plantain, banana, palm, tomatoes, rice, cassava, yam and vegetables. http://superiorracewaysafrica.com/index.php/services/
Freshwater aquaculture has grown steadily over the past three decades. Asia is at the center of this boom, accounting for 89% of world aquaculture production..
The most important species – carp, tilapia and catfish – are herbivorous or omnivorous, so they do not need to eat animal protein to thrive. While they may be fed small amounts of fish to speed growth, their mainstay diet consists of inexpensive byproducts of crops like rice, groundnut and soy, as well as natural plankton. It is relatively cheap and easy to grow freshwater fish in small raceway ponds.
Aquaculture is on the way to becoming an economic boom in Africa, providing quality high-paid jobs and incomes for vast numbers of family farms, workers and businesses. Farmed freshwater fish tends to be an affordable staple food for millions of low and middle-income consumers – and many better-off ones, too. Your Job Description:
• You will solicit for orders from market retailers and retail shops and supermarkets in your District or Municipality for the supply of our tilapia, catfish and farm produce.
• You will daily research market prices for maize, soybeans, farm produce, catfish and tilapia within your District or Municipality.
• You will recruit university graduates in your District or Municipality to attend our training programs.
• You will solicit for business people in your community to work within our Value Chain as borehole drillers, solar pump suppliers, solar panel suppliers, fertilizer and fish feed suppliers, fish, animal feed and vegetable oil producers and distillers of sorghum gin with 50% alcohol.
• You will organize all the farmers and value chain operators within your District into a Cooperative Credit Union. Qualification Required & Experience
• We seek university graduates to be trained for 3 months as Farm Managers for our 10,000 value chain farmers in Ghana.
• We also seek university graduates to undergo a salaried, residential, on-the-job training in catfish, tilapia, grasscutter, pig, mushroom, irrigated food crops, irrigated cash crops and irrigated vegetables farming for 12 months at our farm. Qualified graduates will be financed to work as outgrower farmers for our company. Salary:
Starting basic salary of Ghc 2,000
net per month after a probation period of 3 months plus very attractive financial and material benefits. Your job centre:
You will work in the District or Municipality where you are resident. Location:
Nationwide Recruitment How To Apply For The Job
Apply by email to: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +233 50 918 8218
Website: http://superiorracewaysafrica.com Closing Date:
01 May, 2021