A reputable company is looking to fill vacancies in the litigation Unit of its Legal Department and invites applications from suitably qualified lawyers
• Provide legal representation in cases referred to the Litigation Unit
• Give legal opinion on matters referred from various departments of the company
• Examine legal data to determine advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations
• Prepare legal briefs and opinions and file appeals in court where necessary.
• Compile information for court cases by conducting legal research; finding laws or similar court decisions related to pending cases; interpreting laws or legislation; explaining government laws or regulations; analysing data, legal questions and existing evidence or facts.
• Present and summarize cases to judges, gather evidence, examine legal data, argue motions, question witnesses and negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
• Gather evidence to formulate defence or to imitate legal actions.
• Assist external solicitors of the company in handling cases referred to them
• Serve on Disciplinary Committee where necessary
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time- to-time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• LLB or a good first degree preferably in BA Law
• Must have been called to the Ghana Bar.
• Five (5) to six (6) years post qualification experience in litigation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Should have knowledge excellent litigation experience
• Should have knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, agency rules and executive orders.
• Should have knowledge of processes and principles for providing company services as well as customer services.
• Must have good reading comprehension skills, writing skills, decision-making skills, critical thinking skills and active listening skills.
• Must possess administrative and organisations skills with the ability to prioritize demanding needs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbal and written
• Ability to negotiate settlements of civil disputes
• Ability to work well in a competitive and stressful environment with little or no supervision.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their CVs together with the names and addresses of three referees to:
Closing Date: 20 October, 2014